In a time of struggle, challenge, adversity or vulnerability, no positive progress can be made until we talk. Whether we talk directly to our perpetrator, a figure of authority, a parent, a relative, a friend or even ourselves, speaking about it is the first step. Nothing can or will change without words. Talking is The Only Way Out.
I write to motivate, inspire, create action and move people through my words.
I speak at schools and other venues to have a positive impact on the perceptions, understandings and actions of youth and young adults in their own lives.
I live in an open, honest, positive and communicative way and I want to help others do the same.
- Have my books used by teachers in their classrooms as a ready-to-go mini unit on bullying and mental health for Grade 6 and up.
- Get my books into as many hands as possible.
- Meaningfully contribute to anti-bullying and mental health causes.
- Give talks to connect with students in order to inspire them to take positive yet simple steps in their own lives.
I’m doing this because…
Our youth and young adults are important groups of people whose health, happiness and future paths will shape the next phase of the world.
Bullying, cyberbullying, internet safety and mental health are frighteningly pertinent issues that need a new approach.
I want to make a social impact.
I hope and dream that my books are capable of touching lives and evoking change.
Making a huge change might be complex, but the start of that change is simple.
Be there for yourself.
Be there for someone else.
Let’s do it together.
- Get involved, start talking and tag me: @katiekupermanwrites.
- Educate your children on the message: always talk and speak up.
- Spread awareness in your network of parent associations, mom/dad groups and other outlets.
- Share stories with me about bullying, mental health, talking openly and speaking up.
- Get a feature spot on my website and in social media.
- Use my books as a mini-unit on bullying and mental health in your classroom.
- Contact me to schedule a talk, a feature spot at a school rally or a virtual presentation.
- Get involved, start talking about bullying and mental health in your school, and tag me: @katiemkuperman.
- Educate your students on the importance of talking openly and speaking up.
- Carry the book in your school library.
- Share information with me about bullying, mental health and student success stories.